Pages

Thursday 16 May 2013

I know it's coming...

You know that summer is on its way when the fruit in your garden starts to turn red in colour... 
I love the feeling you get when you walk around with your toes in the grass picking stuff to use in the kitchen later.. 
So far, the only thing ready to pick in my garden, is rhubarb.. But oh boy is there lots of it!! 

The other day it was a big batch of rhubarb compote, so far it has been used as topping on the breakfast yogurt.. Delisious!!! I have an idea of trying it out in a raspberry smoothy in the next few days as well..

Today I made a rhubarb crumble.. I baked the little pieces of sour goodness in the oven first with some vanilla and a knob of butter, just to soften them up. Add the crumbly topping, and 20 minutes later it was ready to eat.. I served it up with a spoonful of low fat creme fraiche today - but I think the next one calls for a scoop of vanilla ice cream... 

Yum yum yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment